He/she also declares
- You are aware and fully informed that the processing of your personal data includes all operations performed on the data transmitted by you, by automated means or not, for the purposes of: improving the functioning and functionality of the website (including in cases where your data will be aggregated and processed in a statistical manner, without being identifiable by any third party to whom they are provided); improving and personalizing the services provided to you; processing transactions related to you; contacting you via emails, written messages or by telephone to send information or updates on your transactions and requests, as well as information on new products or related services;
- Accept and consent to the transmission of your data to entities to which STEAMSHIP may use them as subcontractors for the purpose of research and analysis of the services provided by STEAMSHIP, as well as for the management of competitions, promotions, consumer or market research, and that you have been informed that your data will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company outside STEAMSHIP, nor that they will be processed for other purposes;
- Being aware that your data will be kept if you wish to be in the STEAMSHIP database and wish to benefit from its advantages:
- Accept and consent to the free use and reproduction, by STEAMSHIP, of contents of yours publicly available and/or published on social media platforms, in which you have referred, explicitly and specifically to STEAMSHIP, to our brands, products or services.
- You are aware that, in accordance with applicable law, you may oppose, limit, correct or request erasure in respect of the processing of your data for one or more of the purposes described above, by sending a request to the following email address: email@example.com, as well as having the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authorities.
- Provide this consent freely and voluntarily and be 16 years of age or older.
Steamship means STEAMSHIP – Transport Organization, Sociedade Unipessoal, Lda.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Please read the following terms carefully.
1. Your Information
This site does not collect personal information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. This means that we will not know your name, your e-mail address or any other personal information just because you have browsed this site, unless you have made a reservation or accessed the site from a link mentioned in an e-mail sent by us.
We only collect your data when and if you make a reservation on our site. When making a reservation on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and other relevant information. You may also visit our site anonymously, although doing so will limit the available resources we offer.
2. Use of your data
Any of the data you provide to us may be used in the following ways:
- personalize your experience with us
- to improve our site in the services and features available to you
- to improve our customer service in general
- to process transactions related to you
- to contact you
- run a contest, promotion, survey or other feature
Your data, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company outside STEAMSHIP*, for any reason, without your consent, only allowing you to use or access any benefits offered by STEAMSHIP.
Nevertheless, for your convenience and for you to fully benefit from the advantages and promotions offered by STEAMSHIP worldwide, STEAMSHIP informs you that your data will be transmitted to the operational companies established in each territory where STEAMSHIP is present, either through direct exploitation, or to companies with which STEAMSHIP has authorized its operation through representation, distribution, licensing or franchising.
We may also use and provide aggregate and statistical information to third parties to monitor the use of our website for the purpose of helping us develop it and our services. The data used should not include information that could be used to identify any individual.
The contact details you provide may be used to send you information and updates related to your orders, transactions, in addition to receiving occasional updates from STEAMSHIP and, information about related products or services.
From time to time, we may also provide your data to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide.
We and/or our subcontractors may contact you by mail, email or telephone to ask for your feedback on our products and services.
Note: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from future emails, we will include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
3. Protecting Your Information
We follow industry standards to protect your details during transmission and once received, we implement various measures to maintain the security of the personal data you have transmitted to us.
YOU SHOULD BE AWARE, HOWEVER, THAT NO METHOD OF ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION OR STORAGE IS 100% SECURE.
THEREFORE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS. LOSSES AND DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY USER IN CONNECTION WITH COMPUTER FRAUD, RISKS OR ANY OTHER WRONGDOING OR CIRCUMSTANCES IN
WHICH YOUR INFORMATION IS ACCESSED OR DISCLOSED WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS PERMISSION.
We may use technologies such as” cookies “to record session information, collect visits and access details of our web pages that allow us to continue to improve our services and provide better and more useful resources to users/visitors of our site.
Cookies are pieces of information that are commonly used by many websites for recordkeeping purposes that can help remember, for example, your preferences. A cookie, by itself, does not personally identify any user / visitor.
5. How you should ensure your security
For your privacy, we advise you not to include personal data, sensitive or confidential data, in the e-mails you send us. Please do not send us credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information via e-mail.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. As a parent or legal guardian, do not allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IDENTIFYING DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT IN FORUMS SUCH AS A COMMENT AREA OR ANY OTHER PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE AREA THAT WE ADMINISTER OR MANAGE.
6. Disclosure of information to third parties
We do not sell, trade or transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties. This does not include trusted third parties who help us manage our website, mobile device applications, conducting our business, or providing services to our customers, so long as those parties agree to keep that information confidential. We may also disclose your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect our rights, property, or safety. However, nonpersonally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
7. Third Party Links
Please note that although you are on a website operated by us, you may also be referred to links to third party websites. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our platforms. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. These policies are not managed or controlled by STEAMSHIP, and STEAMSHIP therefore assumes no responsibility for the content and activities of these linked websites. However, we seek to protect the integrity of our site
and our platforms, and we welcome you to contact us if you would like to give us feedback about them. We also recommend that you carefully read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such linked websites before submitting any information or personal data.
8. Your Consent
9. How long your data will be kept
Please note that the personal data you provide to us will be kept for a maximum period of ten years after the last reservation.
10. Your rights
Since we want to ensure that you are aware of your rights and in accordance with applicable legislation, we wish to inform you that:
- Your personal data belongs to you. As such, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, delete and oppose the processing of them as well as to obtain them from STEAMSHIP.
- We will make every effort to ensure that your personal data is kept up to date and protected in accordance with the best industry standards.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.
- In Portugal, this authority is the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (“CNPD”).
- Further information about the CNPD may be obtained from the website www.cnpd.pt .
The version in force was published on 01 September 2019.
Telefone: +351 229 363 640
Address: Trav. Álvaro Castelões, 79 1º – s/3, 4450-044 Matosinhos, Porto, Portugal